Monday, March 29, 2010

Game Review: Heavy Rain



Heavy Rain is a PS3 exclusive, psychological thriller by french developer QuanticDream. it centers around the stories of its four main characters, Norman Jayden, Madison Paige, Scott Shelby and Ethan Mars. while for most of the game the characters may remain separate, their stories all overlap with each other at several parts of the game, but whether they actually meet or not is entirely your decision.

I've been gaming for the past 5 years, but I've still played several classic games( Wolfenstein 3D anyone?) and in all the games I've played, none have sucked me in better than heavy rain. the way the story unfolds had always left me yearning for more, the story is told in an expert manner, better than any I've ever seen for a video game, couple this with the absolutely gorgeous graphics the game contains and you have a winning combination

I dare you to tell me that doesn't look amazing

Never have i seen graphics like those found in Heavy Rain, the humans look so lifelike and act and talk so realistically, that i had to remind myself i was playing a game, not watching a film. the characters very movement looks almost scarily human, and small errors they made gave them a human like quality beyond just a character, i started to agonize over the smallest decisions, worrying what it would do to whoever i was playing, and wondering how it would affect the storyline.

Overall, I believe that Heavy Rain is one of those unmissable titles of the decade, one of those games that I truly believe is worth every cent I paid for it, and if you don't have a PS3, get a friend that has one :P I'm not a fan of numbered reviews, or stars, but i will say that anyone could enjoy heavy rain, and i could see a whole new genre of game with controls mimicking Heavy Rains.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, those graphics sure as hell look good. I dunno, but I think that graphics have kinda hit a brick wall. I'll be explaining more in my next article for my blog.

    Cya!

    ReplyDelete